Energy cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Girlfriend rang earlier for some advice on her energy costs. She is on a Fixed contract for E7, which is about to end. 20p Peak; 6p Off-peak. Daft thing was, she has no good reason to be on E7. Her husband had them put on E7 and since he died she has never given it any thought. She, did though when she got a letter telling her what she would be paying once her Fixed comes to an end soon - 47p peak, 6p Off-peak. Only 1/5 of her usage is OP - but she is still winning, until the end of her Fixed Contract.

I've suggested she should ring them and ask to be transferred to a standard variable none E7 tariff. Heating and HW is gas, she has no TV, so just lights, washer, and kettle.

Sponsored Links
not sure i understand 20% at 6p a unit so transfer all to 47p seems a price hike
is there a lower overall rate if one tarrif used to negate the lost cheaper 20 % ??

Yes the tariff is usually lower when your single tariff compared to an e7 day and night tariff

Sponsored Links
You will have to run that past me again?
ok 100 units 20 at 6p =£1 20 and 80x47=£37.60 total [38 80 ]plus standing charge
100x 47=£47 so unless the single standing charge is cheaper than the twin standing charge by a greater amount it will be more expensive:unsure:

Back