energy suppliers crazy new fixed term contracts.....

Find out if you are in credit or debit and if so by how much. BG once told me they were increasing my DD by £54 one year. I queried it and found I was over £100 in credit. I told them to do one and they actually reduced my payments by about £20

Yeah, can see what I pay, and what they suggest. Funny, as you cannot reduce your payments, only increase. My payment suggestion might be even crazier because of the heated pool in the summer - they must be assuming that I will always be using all this extra juice from now on.

I am currently £19.43 in credit
Monthly payment = £141.08
Latest statement = £121.65 (08 Aug to 07 Sep 2021)

"Based on your current balance and energy usage, we recommend changing your monthly payments to £269.23"

bulb2.png

This was my usage, but they estimated August (I must have sent readings too late) so all the Sept electric was actually August

bulb3.png

Luckily October is turning out to be a bit mild, so with any luck they will stop asking for more money soon!

Sponsored Links
The predictions WERE
upload_2021-10-7_15-48-31.png

But the pence per therm figure is currently around 300.
In Spain, gas is charged to a friend at the spot rate using his smart meter so his daily bill has gone up 500% in a few months.

It's probably reasonable to assume the longer term picture will be closer to predictions. That would mean going for a flex rate right now, so it can drop again, but bets are off.

Take readings now and send them off. Make sure you don't misread down by a digit.

Electric will follow, natch.

I'm building a gasometer out back so I can fill it from gas I use under my current fixed price contract so I can use it next year when I have to renew. :)

Sponsored Links
Back