Energy Suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at renewing my energy supplier. Done the searches of Price Comparison sites and there is a myriad of suppliers of which I have never heard. The Big Six seem to be ripping us all off but having used First Utility for a few years I found them quite good although why they have scores of different tariffs is a mystery to me.
Anyway the results of my search is that I could save around £150 a year by switching to an outfit called TOTO based in Brighton. Clearly all these companied do is by energy somehow wholesale and resell it to us and hopefully give a secure connection with good problem support.
Has anyone any experience of TOTO as I have never heard of them. The only disadvantage I can see is that their tariff is not Fixed, having said that, the renew tariffs from the so called Big Six is only fixed for 12 months.

Sponsored Links
All the suppliers do fixed tariffs for long times they just get more expensive the longer the fixed period. Avoid the comparisons and other crap. Look at the kwh cost and standing charge write them down and compare like that. First utility have come out on top every year for me for cheapest price.

The difference between the big six and the others, is that the big six actually generate juice, the rest of them are re-packaging the same production and just deal in finances, trading and funny money. Consequently, they are more nimble and can trade on highs and lows of price but don't actually have to worry about "back end" supply. Don't worry anything about security of connection, that's totally separate to your actual energy supplier - customer servicing, website gimicks, advertising and price are the only thing that differentiate all the small ones. I'm with a small supplier (Flow) and before them Ovo and Spark energy. You might like to look at who has call centres in the UK, thus supports UK employment.

Nozzle

Last edited:
thus supports UK employment

So you support Uk employment what about UK ownership?

How do you contrast a UK utility with a foreign call centre or a foreign state owned utility with a uk call centre?

Sponsored Links
So you support Uk employment what about UK ownership?

How do you contrast a UK utility with a foreign call centre or a foreign state owned utility with a uk call centre?

Oh pi55 off with your constant need to create a political statement with every post.

martin lewis money saving expert very impartial and share half off any commision they get for transferring you
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/
always swap at the end off your deal as you automatically go onto the higher "standard " tarriff
they make there money from apathy :D

Oh pi55 off with your constant need to create a political statement with every post.

Its an economic statement regarding what is considered best for the economy. Also is the post mentioned support UK call centres then is the considered patriotic?

I think 'Toto' require direct debits in advance...
I find 'USwitch.com' a good comparison site, in terms of getting the figures right - Compares by kW hours or cost, the first method is usually the more accurate.

Fill in details.
Observe results list.
At the desired supplier under 'Your savings' click on 'What Will I Pay ?'

Pop out sheet 'Plan calculations' appears.

Two non too obvious headers appear a few lines down the sheet:-
'Compare costs to my personal projection' and 'Compare costs to my current plan'
Click on the required header for info'
Bottom of this sheet left side 'Calculation in detail' opposite this click on 'View +' Thus see detailed calcs.
---------------------------
'Compare costs to my personal projection' This is calculated using the Ofgem-supported personal projection method, which assumes you do not switch at the end of your plan and are therefore rolled on to your supplier's variable rate plan for the remainder of the 12 months ahead.

My Preference :-
'Compare costs to my current plan' Following customer feedback, we've provided an alternative way to compare your costs, based solely on what you're paying now. This means the savings shown below will be different to those calculated using your personal projection.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back