Camera by Post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to send a camera, value £500, weight less than 1kg from NE to London.
Would appreciate advice on best firm to use, to include Insurance and "signed for"

Sponsored Links
Not really a ‘best’ tried a few independent delivery services lately and package laid uncollected for a week resorted to post office .

Package it well in bubble, at least a foot square wrapped around it - all packages are subject to being thrown in the van.
Do not use hermes or yodel or the cheapest one you can find.
Insure it properly.

Personally I'd go UPS or City Link but they'll absolutely not be the cheapest and really I think they're are all much of a muchness, there are plenty shocking reviews of all of them. As long as its insured and you assume it will literally be thrown around the depot and around the van etc you should be OK whoever you use.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at My Parcel. Enter what you want and see the results. They include collection from you; and label printing etc. Used them several times successfully.

Nothing wrong with Hermes or Yodel as long as you put the true value which will cost more but give you peace of mind if something goes wrong.

I’ve never had a problem with Hermes but as already said, insure it for the correct value. You can also track its progress online.

Nothing wrong with Hermes or Yodel as long as you put the true value which will cost more but give you peace of mind if something goes wrong.

Um there is.
Have you read their terms and conditions?
ISTR anything electrical is not covered using hermes.
I have had an electrical item refused compensation because they lost it vie hermes.

These 2 are among the worse for deliveries, often saying they have delivered when they clearly did not even bother getting out of the van (that's assuming they actually turned up) or throwing something over a fence gate etc.

Ok so you have had a bad experiences just like every company in the world has customers like you.

My personal experience with both (and I send and receive a lot) is no problems what so ever. You are partially right about the T & Cs for Hermes they don’t take responsibility for cameras. That’s fine use Yodel :D

As above, whoever you choose, ensure that cameras and lenses (if applicable) are covered. Lots of horror stories out there when people don't read the ts and cs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back