Camray 15/21 external problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved to a property that has oil fired central heating so have no experience in this,always had gas.I have a problem with my boiler as mentioned below.

I have the timer set up for the hot water to come on twice a day.
The boiler fires up ok but then switches off after a few seconds,then comes on again straight away,then off again.
This carries on for twenty mins ( it is set for 30)the short bursts of it being on varies,5,10,20 secs.
Any idea what is happening ?
Is it safe or damaging the unit.it is heating water ok.
It was serviced few days earlier and up to that point the boiler would fire up at the set time and run for some time before turning off.
I have called the engineer out but cannot get here for a few days.
The boiler is sited about 10 feet up an external wall so is a bit difficult to get at if like me you do not know what you are doing.
The original was installed in 1998 but has since had various parts changed as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a flame sensing problem which can be caused by a faulty photocell, solenoid coil, control box or possibly a nozzle. You.ll have to wait for your engineer to return.

Did a few more investigations and have come to the conclusion that it works fine when the cover is propped open but not when it is closed as it should be.

Sponsored Links
Thought as much.

You have a leak from the flue outlet into the boiler casing.

Thought as much.

You have a leak from the flue outlet into the boiler casing.

+1

Suspect the burner gasket rather than the flue seal as the burners can be a little awkward to relocate on this model.

My Money is on the seal around the flue outlet probably needs some new fibre rope seal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back