Camray 3, door blown open and boiler tripped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just gone into my garage and realised the boiler has tripped and the cabinet door has blown open - at least that's what it looks like. The insulation around the boiler has been disturbed as well that suggests theres been some sort of pressure build up within the cabinet? I've reset it and its fired okay and seems to be running fine. It was last serviced about 18 months ago and is in pretty good condition, although I'm about to replace it with a new condensing boiler. Only thing I'd add is that it's been working pretty hard this last week given the cold snap, and its connected to a heat store, so it gets a lot of regular starts.

Any thoughts on anything I should check, or has anyone seen something similar?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well for a start it is 6 months overdue for its annual service!

if it is firing I would not be too worried, the front casing door may have been disturbed by anything if the boiler had gone off with a "Bang" I would have thought you would have heard it!!

Get it Serviced ASAP ;)

I did think I heard a bang when we were having tea :rolleyes:

The door clips are pretty tight and it needs a good pull to open it.

What would cause is sort of pressure build up in the cabinet - a build up of soot causing some sort of blow back?

Sponsored Links
Damn, was hoping it would last another few weeks till I get the vtx1521 installed.

Thanks

Could be leaking solenoid valve that is passing fuel when not running. Either way, needs to be looked at as if it is, it could turn into a bomb, and being in a garage, you will not notice the warning signs until too late.

Been running fine since I reset the lockout, heating engineer coming Monday.

If the solenoid v/v was leaking fuel I'd probably smell the fuel - given it's heating a heatstore, it's probably firing up every 15 or 20 mins when the heating is on and it's as cold as it is, so any leaking fuel is hopefully minimal.

However, when the heating is off it probably only fires up every 30 or 40 mins to top up the tank - so I knocked it off overnight just to be on the safe side.

Will post back findings after the heating engineer visits.

Just closing out this thread.

I took the burner out for a look, no sign of any fuel leaks, the burner and combustion chamber were pretty clean, there was som carbon build up on the electrodes so gave them a good clean and bolted it back together. Ran fine till the chap arrived to service it. He didn't find anything wrong either, looks like it might have been the carbon build up causing a non start. Been running fine for last couple of weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back