camray 5 oil boiler,,,firing fine but no hot water or heating???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,i have a camray 5 oil burner,,,it fires up and heats the water in the boiler fine but sends no hot water to taps and no hot water to rads,,,going to have a look at it tomorrow,,,common sense tells me its either the pump or the three way valve,,,most likely the pump I would say,,,can anyone tell me the best way to check these two parts are working or not??? and where to locate them,,,i know my way round gas boilers a little but these oil burners are new to me,,,cheers.........

Sponsored Links
I agree, the circulating pump seems to be faulty or it is not receiving power from the programmer.
The 3way valve always has bothf ports partially open when in mid position, or one inopen if valve was stuck with one port closed.

well took the lid off the boiler today and everything was right there,,,pump and three way valve,,,the pump was getting extremely hot when the burner was on,,,i took it apart and it was quite hard to turn the impellar,,,I bought a new one today,,,a bosch replacement for the grundfos I had,,,the only thing im a bit unsure about is the pump,,,the lad at the shop reckons it was the right one,,,the old one was a 15-50 and the new bosch one is a 15-50,,,but,,,the old one said on it 10mb max where as the new one says 0.6 mpa max,,,???,,,can anyone tell me if this makes a difference???,,,it seems to be working perfect although I only use some of the rads in the place,,,there are 3 biggish double rads,,,4 biggish single rads,,,2 small doubles and two small singles,,,all on 15mm pipe and located on the ground floor,,,thoughts anyone???

Sponsored Links
the pressure is kept at about 1mb cold mate,,,the old pump was definitely knackered,,,it was quite hard to turn the impellar with my hand when I took the pump apart,,,the new one just spins freely on it own,,,i was just a bit confused about the max pressure difference written on the pumps,,,like the old pump which was knackered had 10mb max written on it and the new pump had .06 mpa max written on it,,,even though they are both 15-50 pumps,,,i thought the lad had made a mistake and sold me a weaker pump etc,,,isn't 0.6 mpa the same as 6mb???......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back