camray compact - quick question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Went to service a Camray Compact boiler yesterday, first time ive serviced this particular model. Any easy way to get the burner out to service it? I tried turning it numerous ways still couldnt get it out. In the end i removed the burner from the blast tube to be able to change the nozzle; was a bugger to get it back on though! Any easier way?

The burner goes into the boiler at a 45 degree angle, and it was quite tight to the side casing. The boiler was wall hung as well

cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
Just a Knack to it sometimes crud falls around the blast tube which makes it awkward ! not a nice boiler to work on ! it wasn't in Langham by any chance?? ;)

im assuming theres a problematic one in Langham! ;) Got a year before i go back and fine tune my technique. your certantly right, it wasnt nice to work on, and the customer thought he had a bit of knowledge as well and watched me like a hawk! Not what you need when you cant get the burner out! :oops:

cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
Had you removed the bottom panel? once that is out of the way, along with the control panel, there is usually enough 'give' in the side panel to allow you to move it. The oil flexi's often become obstructive, especially if the short rigid ones have been used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back