Can a gas meter be below an elecricity meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get my utility company to do this... has anyone seen this done legally?

New-meter-locations.jpg

Sponsored Links
I want to get my utility company to do this... has anyone seen this done legally?
Done a similar job last year,the meter boxes were in the way of a new setback extension.

the idea is to stagger the built in meter enclosures so the ducted gas service pipe and the ducted electric supply can rise from the ground level directly into their appropriate enclosures.

the utility companies just alter their supplies into the new meter enclosures and move their meters,all other work is done by a builder and registered gas & electrical installers.

Total cost for our meter staggered/stacked alteration was £4k but it freed up more wall area to build a new attached property. quids in (y)

Thank you hot and cold, that's exactly what is going on here - do you have a picture you can post of what the staggered installation looked like? I think I'll go for that if I can. Bernard, I like the idea of a floor mounted one, but would like to see if I can get wall mounted first

Sponsored Links
On the pc generated picture there is a spigot under the top meter,this has to run directly down to ground level,the lower meter enclosure can be fitted to just miss the duct fed from the above spigot. so an over lap of 50% is possible.

new meter enclosures will be asked for :censored:

Maybe consider fitting the electric enclosure in the front of the property,their incoming supply cable would just need cutting back. Maybe the gas enclosure aswell :!:

looks like a fairly straight forward job (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back