Can a Greenstar Heatslave be used on an direct system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Choice of solar direct coil or Open vented ports on my Gledhill Sol Thermal store. I'm hooked up to the Solar coil at present but it is low in the store. Me I just thought heat rises, but the OV boiler ports are nearer the middle where CH flow comes out of the store, so get that part hot first could be a priority?

But can a modern boiler operate ok with only the pressure that 300L of water 18 feet above it can provide?

Sponsored Links
No, it's MUCH better on the coil. Otherwise you'd have cold water at the bottom of the store which can never be heated by anything!

I hooked up to the coil, but I reckon the return temperature is higher than preferable and so the boiler is cycling and not getting into condensing mode.

So I'm guessing I should fit a radiator to dump some of the heat, is there an easy way of calculating what size that should be?

Sponsored Links
The saving made by the lower return temp would be easily outweighed by the fact you're heating a radiator unnecessarily. It's just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back