can a non condensing boiler be moved?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can a non condensing boiler be moved from the garage into the house? or once a non condensing boiler is taken out does it have to be replaced with a condensing boiler?

Sponsored Links
can a non condensing boiler be moved from the garage into the house?
Yes.

or once a non condensing boiler is taken out does it have to be replaced with a condensing boiler?

If a non-condenser is taken out & scrapped (i.e. not moved within the same property) then it has to be replaced with a condenser but there are exceptions to this which involve an Assessment Procedure being carried out. Not many installations pass the procedure though.

Hi 1iydwilly......... If a boiler is more than 10 years old then the Regs state that it should not be moved as it is against the rules.... As a corgi fitter I would not move one..... However, theroretically if everything was moved with it, i.e. power , gas, pipe work (correctly sized)....then no probs in moving it..... even though the regs state not if it's over 10 tears old.. do you know how old it is? AND why are you moving it from the garage?

Yes, it is not deemed as a new installation, however, depending on its age and how it has been fitted you may have problems obtaining new parts for it, mainly the flue etc if this does, or won't come out undamaged.

Sponsored Links
If a boiler is more than 10 years old then the Regs state that it should not be moved as it is against the rules....

Hi Widdo1,

This is news to me. Can you tell us exactly which rule book this comes from please. Sounds very much like a BG type thing.

poppy cock. You can move any boiler you like provided the fluing can still be done with the original part or a replacement manufacturers flue is available, which is unlikely for a boiler > 10 yrs.

Whether it is worth the cost of moving it is another matter.

i have never heard of an age rule banning the moving of a gas appliance, we need an actual reg for this one!! as others have said whether it would work is another thing

If a boiler is more than 10 years old then the Regs state that it should not be moved as it is against the rules....

Hi Widdo1,

This is news to me. Can you tell us exactly which rule book this comes from please. Sounds very much like a BG type thing.

Not a BG thing, we dont relocate boilers just charge a small fortune to put a steamer in instead :LOL:

Ive never heard of a age limit on moving appliances

Ive never heard of a age limit on moving appliances

There is no longer an age limit following EU age descrimination rulings.

However its unwise to move a boiler if you are over 64 as the weight is likely to kill you.

I hope that the mad mod does not tamper with this valuable posting!

Tony

I would just like to point out that I am not ghost writing Tonys posts for him.

Tim

PS Tony those tablets are definitely working.

Yes there has been a change in personality on the forum, and also an unlikely brotherhood.

We dont move boilers full stop, you have to buy a shiny new one from us! However I enjoy doing it in my spare time, just moving an ideal classic to under the stairs at the minute, told them they would be nuts to get rid of it. Like someone said as long as you can still get the flue or use the old one its allowed.

its an old mexico boiler & the flu would have to be altered....so getting the flu would sound like the biggest problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back