Can a toilet discharge into a gully trap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move our bathroom loo onto the other exterior wall and had intended to run the waste into the soil stack which serves the spare loo, but as it’s cast iron I’d have to replace it with plastic etc. In between this stack and where the new waste will exit the wall is a clay gully trap which no longer has any use. Can the
toilets waste go directly into this with the correct fittings if I incorporate a rodding point in the top? I really don’t want the bother of changing the stack if there’s another way.

Sponsored Links
No dig out the gully and connect direct to sewer pipe, a gully will block

Firstly is the gulley connected to the sewer, and is not a redundant rainwater drain, going to a soakaway or surface water drain? If ok to use, then as above, you will need to dig out and remove the gulley, then fit a rest bend at the foot of the new stack. Work will also require Building Regs approval.

Sponsored Links
The gulley is connected to our sewage septic tank, same as the stack almost next to it. As the gulley etc is set in concrete, and the pipe work is clay, the easier option will be to cap the gulley and use the stack for the toilet waste as I originally planned. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back