Can anybody help me wiht a query about the EcoTec Plus?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was installed in June 2006 and is showing the code F22! I have no water or heating and it is -1 outside?!! Any suggestions about what I can do?

Sponsored Links
F22 is low pressure isn't it?

Does the display alternate between 'f22' and 0.6 bar?

There is a filling loop on the underside of the boiler. There are 2 grey plastic taps with 'closed' written on them as you look at them.

You need to turn them both a quarter turn, you will here water enter the boiler, when the needle is back into the light grey section on the pressure gauge on the front of the boiler switch them both back off so the say closed again.

Boiler should work automatically once re-pressurised.

Sam

Probably no water, check the pressure

Could be a stuck pump if the pressure is ok.

yes, top it up. Press the "-" button, it will give you an exact reading of pressure, this should be 1 to 1.5. open the 2 white taps underneath to fill it up, make sure you shut both taps off at 1.5. You might have to keep pressing the "-" to get the reading to stay up, it only stays for a few seconds.

EDIT damn to slow! lol

Sponsored Links
On Vaillant models without a pressure transducer, the F22 is an " assumed" low water pressure and is based on the temperature difference between the flor and return sensors on the primary HE.

So that F22 can be created by many different situations, poor circulation, unbalance between sensors, poor heat transfer to sensors as well as low water pressure.

On those models you have to reset the boiler.

Tony

Thank you so much for the advice - I will try it - 0.3 keeps flashing up!! Will that be the pressure?? I only bled a radiator in the bedroom then this happened - haven't got a clue what I'm doing!!

On Vaillant models without a pressure transducer, the F22 is an " assumed" low water pressure and is based on the temperature difference between the flor and return sensors on the primary HE.

So that F22 can be created by many different situations, poor circulation, unbalance between sensors, poor heat transfer to sensors as well as low water pressure.

On those models you have to reset the boiler.

Tony

:rolleyes:

You have dropped the pressure by bleeding the radiator. 0.3 is the pressure, it must be above 0.6 for it to work. Follow the steps above and it will spring back into action.

It doesn't even need resetting! :) (I fit these boilers day in day out)

Sam

In that case your bleeding let the water out and the pressure is only 0.3 Bar.

Needs to be 1.5 bar !

Follow the information given to increase the pressure to 1.5 Bar !

Tony

Wow!! What superstars!! I have heating and water - Thank you so much!! British Gas wanted £168 - £192 to come out!!

The 4 of us will quite happily accept £100 between us .... :D

My boiler was installed in June 2006

Any suggestions about what I can do?

When the boiler was installed the installer should have instructed you on how to check and repressurise your boiler!

Its unwise to go round bleeding rads unless you are very sure what yoiu are doing.

We check with our customers who call us that simple things like pressurising ( and sometimes spinning pumps ) have been done before we come out and have to charge them.

Tony

I don't think he did - but thanks for your help! I really need to get a home-care agreement!

That was not a boiler fault but instead a user fault.

Your model is quite reliable and many would say a maintenance contract is not very good value.

However, Dave will advise if yours is one which should have had a makers recall for replacement seals.

Of course you should have had a service after the first year ( all boilers should be serviced anually ) in order to validate the second year of the warrantee.

The engineer who serviced it should have known about the recall which affected some of the earlier boilers. Some dont though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back