Can anybody tell me what’s happening here??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just moved into out house after a TWO YEAR delay!!!!!! There’s things obviously wrong as maintenance hasn’t been kept up. We ended up spending a fortune on rent so I’m gonna have to do DIY lots of stuff for myself.

can anybody tell me what is happening in the pic, and how I fixit?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• FBA7615E-FEBB-45DB-B53F-EFE1B21C4081.jpeg
    FBA7615E-FEBB-45DB-B53F-EFE1B21C4081.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 30952DF4-A6BE-4AA4-A684-A9F75AD8DC2D.jpeg
    30952DF4-A6BE-4AA4-A684-A9F75AD8DC2D.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 155
Sponsored Links
Looks like that’s the boiler condensate pipe - check the other side of the wall if possible, and follow the pipe, if it goes to the boiler - that’s the issue. It could be an overflow from something as well, eg toilet.

What hot water/heating do you have?

Sponsored Links
I hope it’s not from that saniflo :eek::eek: flush the toilet and then see if water is ejected out if that pipe.

Looks like there's a drip on the overflow pipe, so sort that out first. May get away with a new washer in the Ballvalve, worst case scenario, it needs replacing complete.

See if thats dries the area out, if it doesn't, (or you can see a leak on the grey waste pipe), then things may be a bit more complicated. Where does the waste pipe go to out of interest, I'm hoping thats been done correctly....

Actually, having looked again, that saniflo looks like it would be too low, as the gas service I doubt will be high up. However, I can’t see an overflow from the cistern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back