Can anybody tell me what this is?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a place to run a drain out of my garage for a washing machine. There is an inspection cover just outside but I don't know what it is for and I can't for the life of me undo the screws holding it in place.
The soil stack comes down inside the house 3 or 4 feet away from the cover but a downpipe from the gutter comes down the outside about a foot away. There is a much bigger cover out in the garden which judging by the amount of water flowing through it on this rainy day is for the rainwater run-off.
The cover in question is about 10 inches in diameter btw.
If anybody can shed some light I'd be tuely grateful.
dsc01057.jpg

Edit: hopefully fixed

Sponsored Links
can't see pic is it too big a file? Crystal ball won't show me what you are talking about either so can't assist.

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost:10141/blogger/6105/1908/1024/DSC01057.jpg

The following error was encountered:

* Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:49:24 GMT by photos2.blogger.com (squid)

Sponsored Links
Good grief the bloody thing is lifesize :eek: Hepworth make clay drainage and that is an inspection/rodding cover.the screws will come out with an impact driver from Halfords or similar shop.under a tenner and a usefull tool...Most likely it`s the foul drain but check when you get into it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back