Can anyone advise what connectors I need to fit this radiato

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I had my bathroom redone a few months ago, and my old radiator was thrown out with the connector parts I still needed (unknown to me at the time!) when it came to fitting the new radiator. The guy doing the bathroom said the connectors where quite old fashioned at the time and might be quite hard to source, although he would try and source some and come back to me (which he didn't).

Can anyone have a look at the attached pictures and advise me what it is I actually need and where if anywhere I might be able to get them.

Thanks,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
My advice is to replace the valve with a new one.

you just need the valve tails that come with the lockshield.

however they will stick out a bit further and it looks a bit of a tight fit there.

if there is play on the pipes i would look at raising the rad up a bit.

you could renew and fit a trv but still gony be chuffin tight

It looks as if the rad has been replaced.

The valves look like standard ones and the tail to fit the rad is likely to be the same as current ones.

However, your pipes look in very poor condition and seriously bent and they come up from the floor in what will probably be the wrong positions.

It looks as if you have had a part job done by a cowboy who has not dealt with the situation properly.

I am sorry about that as I expect correcting it will be quite involved as to do the job properly access under the floor will probably be needed and that will destroy the floor tiling.

Unfortunately in the plumbing trade there are many cowboys who dont have the skills or the inclination to do these jobs properly. Customers are often to blame by choosing cheap quotes without getting someone more experienced by personal recommendation. No one would behave like this if he valued his reputation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
To correct the situation without disturbing the floor it MIGHT be possible to raise the rad a little and fit two compression elbows on one side to space the pipe further away to meet up with the valve whilst adjusting the rad to exactly meet the pipe on the other side.

Or to raise the rad further to enable the pipe to be bent adequately to match up with new valves.

Tony

To correct the situation without disturbing the floor it MIGHT be possible to raise the rad a little and fit two compression elbows on one side to space the pipe further away to meet up with the valve whilst adjusting the rad to exactly meet the pipe on the other side.

Or to raise the rad further to enable the pipe to be bent adequately to match up with new valves.

Tony

Appreciate the advice, I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

I had my bathroom redone a few months ago, and my old radiator was thrown out with the connector parts I still needed (unknown to me at the time!) when it came to fitting the new radiator. The guy doing the bathroom said the connectors where quite old fashioned at the time and might be quite hard to source, although he would try and source some and come back to me (which he didn't).

Can anyone have a look at the attached pictures and advise me what it is I actually need and where if anywhere I might be able to get them.

Thanks,

Stuart

An ordinary 3/4" lockshield valve will most likely have tails that fit the existing valves.

If you have just had your bathroom redone (albeit 'a few months ago') why not use a new radiator? That one is chipped and is going rusty already. It looks like it's been stood outside for the last 'few months'.

It isn't 3/4" :rolleyes:

The 1/2" x 10mm in the link stands a good chance of being the same thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back