can anyone help determine why a radiator isn't working pleas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help with ideas please? Even though all the other radiators can be really hot, the large radiator in the living room gets tepid at best, even with the TRV (I think it's called) set on maximum. It used to work OK. My hubby thinks the TRV is working OK as the pin isn't stuck. The first thing he did was to bleed the radiator, but no air came out. The pipe to the radiator gets hot and the very first bit of the radiator. My hubby took the radiator off the wall and flushed it through but he said it was clean anyway and that didn't make any difference. We're wondering if changing the radiator for a new one would solve the problem. Could anyone advise please?

Sponsored Links
Have you read the info on 'balancing' radiators? This is basically closing the other rads down a bit, so forcing hot water through the stubborn one.
Balancing is done by altering the position of the lockshield valves.....more often than not, only one turn from off is all they need!
John :)

Turn all other radiators off other than the one in question. If that one gets hot, with the boiler on you need to balance the system. Easy to do, just google balancing radiators.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back