Can anyone help identify this pipework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

While renovating our 1950's flat I've unearthed this unidentified pipework embedded in the kitchen wall:

On the advice of my plumber (who wasn't sure if they were for gas or water) I've chipped away at the plaster to try and work out where both pipes go.

The smaller pipe (the bottom one) has previously been disconnected - it's been cut just beneath the worktop.

However, the bigger pipe (the top one) goes all the way to the concrete floor, and as we're on the fourth floor of a block of flats I thought i'd better stop before doing damage to the flat below!

Can anyone identify these pipes to help me work out whether the bigger pipe is also redundant so we can remove them?

I'd be happy to leave them there if it wasn't for the two square bolts to the right (with a 'C' in the centre) protruding about half an inch from the wall.

The previous owner had used wooden slats to decorate the walls which hid this pipework, but we want to tile the walls and unfortunately the two 'C' bolts protrude too far to tile over.

Any help or suggestions most welcome!

Many thanks,
James

Sponsored Links
That's an old water heater jig, top pipe is gas bottom the water connection,
You'll need a RGI to disconnect it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back