can anyone help with veritas r8 tamper light wont go off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i really need this to be off so i can activate the alarm...
I set of the alarm this morning and on deactivating it i did not press reset...so when i came to reset it tonight it got set off and would not accept my code...
phoned the installer who was not there but his son told me to take the battery and fuse out to shut it up... on doing this it has stopped and then her went on to book me in for next week as it needs to be reset!!!
I cannot wait that long...
I have the engineer code( i think)
but have no idea on how to use it and there is no manual on net to help . can anyone help here please?

Sponsored Links
Why is it set for engineer reset? Why would removing the battery and fuse shut it up? (it shouldn't) How can the alarm continue to ring/wail? (they have cut-offs).

phoned the installer who was not there but his son told me to take the battery and fuse out to shut it up... on doing this it has stopped and then her went on to book me in for next week as it needs to be reset!!!
I cannot wait that long...
The first thing you have to do is to get a new alarm company with a proper 'call out' procedure, 4hrs max, if they do not offer that, they are not a 'real' alarm company, only playing at it.

Son says "take the battery and fuse out to shut it up... ", and it stopped, words fail me.

Sponsored Links
Looks like they deliberately design their systems to be disabled this way so they can save themselves coming out.
And then have the cheek to lock the panel out.

Where is the Stetson and saddle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back