Can anyone identify this TRV body?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a flat where the previous occupant has broken off the heads of all the TRVs (thanks!)

All I'm left with is one of these on each radiator. It would be brilliant if someone could identify the brand so I can try just screwing on a replacement head....

One unusual feature (to my non-professional eye) is that the compression joint on the base of the TRV body has female threads on the body and male threads on the 'nut'

I've attached a photo

20161031_080411-jpg.107788

Attachments

• 20161031_080411.jpg
    20161031_080411.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,773
Sponsored Links
I think that thread for the head attachment is Honeywell.

it may also be worth trying to meet the neighbours as, in flats, they might have had the same system installed, and it might still be present.

Look at the lockshield valves on the other end of the rads. Very often the same brand is fitted and the cap may identify it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - looking online it looks as though Honeywell bodies have an H stamped on the side?

I came across Myson, which looks like a possibility. Might try the local supplier

It doesn't really matter who made the valve body; what matters is which heads will fit it. The honeywell valves use a 30mm diameter x 1.5mm pitch thread, and apparently the vertical distance from the top of the thread to the top of the pin should be about 14mm; is that what you have?

Thanks creamcrackers!

Previous thread not me but very helpful :)

Btw I measured the threads and they are 28mm OD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back