can anyone put me out of my misery air in fuel on fordfusian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi to all happy new year
my daughter in law has a ford fusian 1.4 diesel and is suffering fron air in the fuel i have replaced the priming bulb because the AA man said it was the cause and replaced some pipes that had a small hole in, but it runs ok until you stop .and then it starts for a few seconds then cuts out if you prime it again it will start i have the air filter housing off and good vew of the pipes but no leak can be seen your help would be appreciated before i pull all my hair out thanks Bazz

Sponsored Links
Hi Bazz

Does it have an in tank fuel pump? If so the pressure should cause a leak where the air is getting in, if not park it sloping steeply down hill with the tank above the engine that should show it up. If you can insert a section of clear pipe in the circuit before and after the filter you should at least be able to see where abouts the air is getting in.

Peter

Its possible that if the fuel filter has been replaced lately, that the seal isn't in the correct place and isn't sealing correctly.

Sponsored Links
View media item 41243found the fuel leak the pump is not in the tank so i put the car on a steep incline and a small leak appered on one of the confluted pipes so i replaced and all is well thanks again guys appreciated bazz

Back