Can anyone recommend a Compound Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the site, would appreciate any recommendations for a compound mitre saw. I'm looking to buy one and would like to get a good model. Price not an issue. Cheers

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo ansd welcome beaconmed :D :D

realy need to know you uses
diy/trade

specific requirerements like ability to cut 7"skirting upright!!!

also need to know if you need hand/ mains/battery powered

I'm sure Ryobi will make one that's just the ticket, for light trade and DIY use ;)

bea - trade use (taken on-site) then it needs to be 110 volt, so you'll have to factor in the cost of a transformer. 110v will exclude most of the budget/mid-range stuff from the sheds as all that stuff is 240v.

IMO I think you should avoid battery tackle so it must therefore be corded. IMO the whole point about battery stuff is convenience; well if you're lugging a heavy mitre-saw what's the issue over a length of cable as well.

A sliding saw is more versatile than a fixed 'cos you can do a bit of grooving/rebating with it and it has a slightly better/efficient cross-cutting action.

Check the swivel action on the table, look-out for angle stops and fine adjustments between angles. You also want a table that will 'go past' 45°.
Does it have extendable fences each side of the blade for additional support for longer workpieces? Does it have workpiece hold-down clamps? Does it come with (or optional extra) a stand system.

I've got a DeWalt706E (fixed) and would have got one of their sliding jobbies if I didn't already have radial arm saw (an old DW124). I like DW's stuff and will always recommend it generally over other makes but I know others here have good reports about different tackle.

Sponsored Links
I have a Dewalt 718 great saw, not very portable though.

DO NOT.... get the Performance Power redeye brand from B&Q,
the quality of them is absolute poo. :(

bl00dy hell have you seen the list price on that festo over £900 lol,lovely bit of kit though mmmmm we can all dream.

bl00dy hell have you seen the list price on that festo over £900 lol,lovely bit of kit though mmmmm we can all dream.

Not wishing to hi-jack but has anybody used the evolution fury mitre saw.
On offer at B&Q for under a ton. I'd only be using this for light diy.

If you'd seen the Festool, you wouldn't buy another.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back