Can anyone tell me what these are?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the new electric shower is in, but I discovered two wee copper washers with two tabs sticking up on each that haven't been used.

What are they? Should they be on somewhere? I'm just being nosey really :)

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links
Often used to connect the earth conductor of the cable to an earthing point on the frame of the shower. Washers keep the conductors from squashing out as the nut is tightened

Often used to connect the earth conductor of the cable to an earthing point on the frame of the shower. Washers keep the conductors from squashing out as the nut is tightened

Is that instead of using a crimp terminal on the earth then?

Sponsored Links
sometimes a crimp lug will still fit inside of them, its usually best to keep them as it increases the area the cable or lug sits on as well as the area the nut tightens on, you often see two on one terminal, opposing each other, or just one with a plain washer, usually on a bare copper earth post, as said

Thanks all. Was just curious - you know when there are bits left over haha

I thought it would be quick and easy to googl picture! It's not! I would prefer to see these used.

step-9a2.jpg

1530292_72ce57c2b4.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back