can anyone tell me where i can get the following parts for a washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a washing machine repair guy around who told me i needed to replace some parts to do with the dryer portion of my washer dryer, this is because the dryer errors when in use and makes a god awful sound when running.

however subsequently never got back to me even after a follow up, so i figure i can replace them myself the parts are pictured below, he said i need to replace the second item with a self resetting one. and the first item just needs to be replaced.

the washer is a Hoover VHD Superdry Mod VH W964D-80 Type LCM9

IMG_20151024_152544421.jpg

IMG_20151024_152547734.jpg

Sponsored Links
A google search for "plaset fans" will bring up several suppliers.

The thermal switch is a safety device and you must get the correct one. The wrong one could result in the unit overheating if the fan fails again.

it sounded to me like the thermal switch wasnt broken its just they require you to remove the top to reset them, he said they normally replace them with self resetting ones that are a newer type, however, i shall leave that for now and found a replacement motor on espares, so thanks for the help and hopfully i can use the dryer again soon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back