Can i add more than sockets from a fused spur?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When adding sockets off a ring circuit i understand that you have to have them protected by a 13A fused spur. Would i only be able to add sockets from this fused spur or would i also be able to add an insect killer Which is only uses up 50w?

Sponsored Links
When adding sockets off a ring circuit i understand that you have to have them protected by a 13A fused spur.
Actually you only need a Fused Connection Unit if there's more than one socket on the spur. The idea is to protect the cable from excessive current.

Would i only be able to add sockets from this fused spur or would i also be able to add an insect killer
You can supply fixed equipment from this spur, in which case the real point of a FCU is that it provides an isolation point for the fixed equipment, to allow it to be worked on safely.

There will be 3 double sockets coming from the fused spur, but is it ok to have the insect killer feeding off this fused spur aswell?

Sponsored Links
The spur cable would be protected by the FCU OK, but the item of fixed equipment should ideally have its own dedicated isolation switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back