Fused spurs

I would respectfully suggest that if that is the case those particular people should not be doing electrical work at all for their own safety.
Suggest whatever you like, but I don't personally think that not knowing what it ('correctly') means to 'connect lamps in series' (something they would probably never even think of doing) has much bearing on someone's ability to undertake electrical work safely.

Sponsored Links
John is absolutely right here. Not knowing the difference between
series and parallel should not stop somebody carrying out electrical work.

From the post showing the plan as (Donor —> 13A FCU —> socket —> 3A FCU —> alarm ) it is obvious the poster means ‘series’ in the day to day sense.

From the post showing the plan as (Donor —> 13A FCU —> socket —> 3A FCU —> alarm ) it is obvious the poster means ‘series’ in the day to day sense.

The correct term is in line. In series is completely different when talking about electrics which we are.
Correct terms are essential, electricity can kill.

Sponsored Links
The correct term is in line.

How about an "in line" fuse ?

A more common phrase is ( was when I was young ) "daisy chained" lights.

Correct terms are essential, electricity can kill.

acronyms and/or a few capital letters should not be considered as "correct terms" unless verbose descriptions are added at least once so as to fully explain the meaning of the acronyms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back