Can I just bend these or am I going to cause issues

Was hoping pipes would of been in a similar place

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220219_083522.jpg
    20220219_083522.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 200
Sponsored Links
Not much play in pipes.they move up and down abit but restricted by floorboard below on front to back movement

You'd have to be king kong to bend that to where it needs to go.
You would also snap the pipe and not have enough length by the looks of it.
Extend the pipe above the floor (will look crap)
Best - lift the boards and extend from there.

If you try and bend it that much without a spring in it you'll kink it for sure and maybe snap it. Can't see how much height difference there is, if the valve is too low then you're out of luck- you'd have to drop the rad a bit to match the pipe.
Lifting floorboards will be dull cos you'll have to lift the laminate first.
Me I'd use a pipe bender to make a couple of offsets, drain down, cut a bit of the pipe upstands off, solder offsets on, cut to length, done. But you'll need a pipe bender, blowtorch, tube cutter, solder, flux etc etc. Still probably cheaper than paying someone to do it if you fancied a challenge :)

Sponsored Links
The following assumes you don't want to lift the floor and that you can solder. Measure up vertical and horizontal distances required.
1. Get some street elbows. I'd suggest 4 off BES 22986.
2. Make sure pipes have no water in them.
3. Remove valve from pipe and attach to radiator.
4. Elbow over pipe with plain leg coming out perpendicular to wall.
5. Second elbow over plain leg of first heading to radiator.
6. Trim first plain leg to length as necessary to keep parallel to wall.
7. Trim second plain leg as necessary to fit into radiator valve.
8. Solder up.
If the end of the existing pipe is too low down to match into radiator valve, trim it further down and use a straight couple and a short length of pipe to raise the end to the correct level.

If you try and bend it that much without a spring in it you'll kink it for sure and maybe snap it. Can't see how much height difference there is, if the valve is too low then you're out of luck- you'd have to drop the rad a bit to match the pipe.
Lifting floorboards will be dull cos you'll have to lift the laminate first.
Me I'd use a pipe bender to make a couple of offsets, drain down, cut a bit of the pipe upstands off, solder offsets on, cut to length, done. But you'll need a pipe bender, blowtorch, tube cutter, solder, flux etc etc. Still probably cheaper than paying someone to do it if you fancied a challenge :)

Cheers, had similar done in another room a while back so will get someone to solder above laminate

Had similar last time bit opposite way

Attachments

• IMG-20220219-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20220219-WA0002.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 116
Does the pipe feel quite loose in the floor moving in and out within the space that's cut into the floorboard as it is? If so you may be able to drill/cut out the floorboard more and the pipe may move outwards towards the centre of the rad.

All depends how much play is in the pipe under the floor and where the pipe is coming from of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back