Can I buy a new ignition for old gas fire?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just moved home and have an old gas fire. I put it on one night and all was toasty but now I can't turn the ignition to light it again.
I've got to get a gas installer in but if I can have the part ready then I'm hoping I can add it to the job.
So the question is, is this a generic part I can order or is it a chilly, no!? See attached
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200106_180736.jpg
    IMG_20200106_180736.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20200106_180745.jpg
    IMG_20200106_180745.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
should be able to get one, but coal arrangement needs attention the fire is not burning properly

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I think you'd be very well advised to get the fire checked and serviced as a first step. I don't like the look of the soot on the coals and back, and there seems to be a lot of debris on the surround. A gas fire not burning correctly can soon fill a room with Carbon Monoxide. This gas causes severe illness at as little as 70 parts per million, and can be fatal at 150 ppm. It doesn't smell, so there is little warning of its presence.
Even if you do get the fire back in service, I would strongly suggest you to get a Carbon Monoxide alarm fitted permanently in the room and tested regularly.
The manufacturer appears to have a web site, so might be a good place to check if igniter is still available (in my view unlikely) before spending any money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back