Can I convert my Nissan Micra into a full size trailer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I inherited an x reg Nissan Micra a few years back. It's slowly on the brink of death however, because it does have sentimental value I'd love to be able to turn it into a trailer/mini caravan.

I wondered if anyone has any experience in this or if it is even legal to do so!

Thanks,

Lucy

Sponsored Links
Anything is possible I guess but I'd be shelving that one.....do bear in mind that the Micra has a monocoque bodyshell and any interference with it will severely affect its structural strength.
John :)

Love your thinking and as John says anything is possible but the practicalities probably make it financially un viable. it wont be a simple matter of just cutting the top off. Not to mention that it will be relatively heavy if the existing running gear and chassis are retained. There is a fair bit of information on the net about this though and you wont be the first by a long shot.

Sponsored Links
[QUOTE=" any interference with it will severely affect its structural strength.
John :)[/QUOTE]
And it didn't have much to start with;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back