Can I extend boiler flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The picture shows the end of the flue from my boiler where it emerges from the garage. Not obvious from the picture, but it's at about head height and close to the side door of the house and so I often get a faceful of fumes when entering or leaving. Is it possible and allowable to extend it upwards a couple of feet? If so can you please point me at the right fittings, I'm not au fait with sizes etc.
Thank you very much for any help.

Sponsored Links
The picture shows the end of the flue from my boiler where it emerges from the garage. Not obvious from the picture, but it's at about head height and close to the side door of the house and so I often get a faceful of fumes when entering or leaving. Is it possible and allowable to extend it upwards a couple of feet? If so can you please point me at the right fittings, I'm not au fait with sizes etc.
Thank you very much for any help.
A plume management kit needs to be fitted by a gas safe fitter.

oh ok I didn't realise, glad I asked now. Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
Mr. Central heating have some cheap ones. Plumbnation/Plumbase also have a fair few.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back