can i fit a radiator here???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is the kitchen and i think the boiler was here its now in a diffrent room but what i want to know can i put a radiator oh the pies (please see pics in link)

http://www.hardmodders.co.uk/pie/

put it this way the get hot but i don't know if that coz the water is flowing

please help thanks guys

Sponsored Links
it looks to me like you might be in luck. (though not with your choice of digital camera)

I think these are the flow and return pipes to the old boiler wich have been caped off using manual air vents.

when the system cools down, try unscrewing both valve caps anti clockwise (slowly).

If water comes out I'd say things are looking more in your favour.

If it's a sealed system a small volume of water is unlikely to make any difference but i'd suggest you check the pressure on the boiler/ heating system pressure guage after doing this.

cool thanks i know water comes out :oops: so it should be ok just needed some one else to think how i was thanks :D

MAHAHAH now i get my way

beter check the boiler heat output is high enough to cope with another rad, that the pump can cope and if its a sealed system, that the expansion vessel is large enough to cope with the increased water volume.

whats the current boiler :?:

how big is the house :?:

how many rads :?:

Sponsored Links
okthe boiler is a electronic potterton netaheat

size of house is a 3 bed room semi

and we have 9 rads

we have fitted a new pump about 1month ago and a 3 port valve and control stuff so the pump should be up for the job :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back