can i make my own flue system

you will have to except my apppology, i genuinly thought you were being rude.

thnaks

tell you what though, im not good a spelling am i. lol :D

Sponsored Links
i take all your coments on board and i can see where your coming from.

i probably konw more about presure, flow rates, gases, exhausts, monoxide, co2 etc than most boiler engineers, if i can design exhaust manifolds for F3 and world superbikes then im sure i can build a flue.

what i dont know about is the construction and principles of making a flue, i thought it would be available for discussion on this forum.

i understand its not.

i hadnt thought of having anything made compliant, food for thought.

i wont be asking any more questions.

thankyou

ps still no need for sarcastic coments :D

Amen.

quote="plymouthfury";p="1809938"]spraggo = twit :D ta ta[/quote]

Bless you.

Sponsored Links
spraggo";p="1809831"]Oil boilers are designed so that the combustion chamber remains at a set positive pressure by means of the baffle plates and flue ways which are designed with this in mind

I think you'll find that the baffles in an oil boiler are there to deflect the hot flue gas from the flame onto the boiler jacket wall and hence, heat the water within that jacket wall. Otherwise, if the baffles were not their, then the flue gases would just shoot straight out the flue without heating the jacket.

Nobody wants to create a positive pressure in any oil boiler combustion compartment nowadays.......think about it. This positive pressure would affect/disturb the oil spray pattern and air circulation pattern therefore, affecting combustion.

so I would advise you to use the recommended flue kit, if you don`t your guarantee/warranty would definitely be void
spraggo

The only sensible thing you have said even though it is obvious :rolleyes:

A NICEIC, OFTEC, Gas Safe and MCS registered business/installer.

Another one, ask a question, get told no, OP goes off and does it anyway.

Waste of time :rolleyes:

1CANHELP";p="1810966 said:
spraggo";p="1809831"]I think you'll find that the baffles in an oil boiler are there to deflect the hot flue gas from the flame onto the boiler jacket wall and hence, heat the water within that jacket wall. Otherwise, if the baffles were not their, then the flue gases would just shoot straight out the flue without heating the jacket.

Nobody wants to create a positive pressure in any oil boiler combustion compartment nowadays.......think about it. This positive pressure would affect/disturb the oil spray pattern and air circulation pattern therefore, affecting combustion.

Perhaps you could explain then, why boiler manufacturers advise on the length of flue and how many 90 degree bends it should have?. Look forward to hearing from you.

spraggo

spraggo";p="1811206 said:
spraggo";p="1809831"]I think you'll find that the baffles in an oil boiler are there to deflect the hot flue gas from the flame onto the boiler jacket wall and hence, heat the water within that jacket wall. Otherwise, if the baffles were not their, then the flue gases would just shoot straight out the flue without heating the jacket.

Perhaps you could explain then, why boiler manufacturers advise on the length of flue and how many 90 degree bends it should have etc?. Look forward to hearing from you.

spraggo

If you make exhausts for bike and cars, you probably have access to some CFD engineers. You might be even able to do the CFD yourself, and the machine one up.

But it wont conform to the marvellous red tape we have in this country.

You will probably find you could quit your job, be qualified to work at a boiler manufacturer as an engineer, and then make flus for everyone...

The company would then get the magic rubber stamp, and everyone will fit your flus.

Until that day we are stuck buying the crap other people sell, to conform to the red tape.

However when the infrastructure fails, i want to live near you, as you could probably manufacture and fix most things.

Its all a load of nonsense.

A :rolleyes:

so why the name ? Plymouthfury , mention of racing ??

Plymouth roadrunner ? duster ? think there was a fury ? am I warm or stone cold ??

You will probably find you could quit your job, be qualified to work at a boiler manufacturer as an engineer, and then make flus for everyone...

The company would then get the magic rubber stamp, and everyone will fit your flus.

At which point the overheads will dictate that the flue will retail at roughly the same cost as others

You can flue a boiler how you like - just as long as you comply with the legal and boiler manufacturer's requirements AND accept full responsilbility for the whole job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back