Can I make wireless digistat 2 drive a new Ideal Isar boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are binning a troublesome Worcestor 26CDI and installing an Ideal Isar 35HE combi. The house already has a wireless digistat 2 programmer, is their anyone out there who can work out if the wiring can be adapted to receive the signals and convert them to the Ideal circuit?
A longshot I suppose?

Sponsored Links
Your removing a Worcster for an Ideal :eek: Oh well :rolleyes:

Yeah an RF2 should work fine with the new boiler !!

the wiring can be adapted to receive the signals and convert them to the Ideal circuit?
Yes it's a standard simple connection.
Keeping the Isar going may not be though.

Connect as follows:

Remove any link between Digistat 1 and Digistat L

Ideal L3 to Digistat L
Ideal N to Digistat N
Ideal L1 to Digistat 1
Ideal L2 to Digistat 3

Digistat 2 is not used

Sponsored Links
Isar!!!! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

I would bet £100 that in the next 5 years you have more bother than the
old worcester!!!

Get a new CDi....miles better!!!! or even a vaillant!!!

Got to agree don`t touch the isar even ideal are dumping them and selling them off cheap, one of worst boilers ever

Thanks to those who tried to help. As for the rest I assume your relationship with Ideal is a bit dodgy? I am now even hesitent to ask why?
I have had responsibility for six Worcestors from a 350 through to several 26's. I have had PCB's replaced at £110 a whack, ignition panels burnt out, pressure vessels leaking, heater to heater exchangers leaking, filling loops knackered, PRV's knackered (and not in limescale area!)
Are you all kidding?
OK! I give up under the weight of negativity, do I sell it rather than install it? serious advice at this stage please, rather than unhelpful criticism.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back