Can I make wireless digistat 2 drive a new Ideal Isar boiler

Thanks to D Hailsham for the helpful reply and the info I need.
Yes, if it's any satisfaction to any of you I am now pooing my pants!
:cry:

Sponsored Links
To be honest, get rid of the Ideal.. If you thought that the Worcesters were bad, then the Ideal will be your worst nightmare... Look at a Vaillant or even a Baxi if you don't want a Worcester but do listen to the other guys... Or do a search for problems with Ideals :eek:.. Check out the price for an Isar circuit board, they make the Worcester boards look like a bit of a bargain

Thanks to those who tried to help. As for the rest I assume your relationship with Ideal is a bit dodgy?
I have no relationship with Ideal, and no axe to grind.

I am now even hesitent to ask why?
Why are Isars cr*p? I don't know. Poor design and testing, I presume.

It's a pity, because my own Concord RS never plays up and will last longer than the Earth's crust.

Are you all kidding?
No. An estate of about 200 houses and flats near me has been installed with Isars. After one year they're going faulty at the rate of about one per week. Some issue random faults and then recover, only to break again later.

OK! I give up under the weight of negativity, do I sell it rather than install it?
Yes. There are lots of threads on this forum where people have asked which boiler they should buy. Search first, then ask here if you can't any.

Gonna get shot down for this, but here goes.

Ideals where total pants, they have ironed out a lot of issues with Icos/Izar
If you have already purchased the boiler, I doubt you'll get a lot for it secondhand. So to a point your stuck with it, unless you have pots of money to burn.
If you have it installed, chemical clean, magnaclean, scale prevention, and extend the warranty. All boilers breakdown at some point, getting it fixed quickly and efficiently is the hard bit. Regular service is a must, and not just a poke with an FGA

Sponsored Links
So you have bought it already ?

Yes sell it unless you intend to move soon !!

If your staying then a Worcester CDI or a Viessman in my opinion would be the best to go for ..

The PCB's on Isar's are really poor and I have been to a few boilers that get them replaced yearly....

I have taken out a number of the Isars and replaced after 4 years of poor service.

The divertor valves (new and old style) are rubbish and always end up passing to the heating after a couple of years and the condesate sump always chokes up on them

See if the merchants will take the boiler back and swap it for something else.... viessmann are really good, valliant are equally so, but not as good as they used to be and worcester not bad at all.

Ideal are even putting their pcb's in orange boxes now so you can tell at a glance whether you've got one of the previous string of awful ones!
Expensive to repair, difficult to work on, and full of unreliable parts. Have had a good number of main heat exchangers split.
When they first appeared they seemed to be OK. How many of today's boilers will be like that?
I'm not a big fan of Worcesters either, but their support is good.

Twenty posts (ignoring the OP's two).

Nineteen did not answer the question but wasted time and space knocking the OP's choice of boiler.

Nineteen did not answer the question but wasted time and space knocking the OP's choice of boiler.

He asked a second question half way down hence added posts.

If the op takes our advice we will save space in long run with numerous posts in future from a broken boiler! :LOL:

He asked a second question half way down hence added posts.

Missed that bit :oops:

However, I get the impression that views on good/bad boilers are a similar to the "Which?" reports on washing machines when they ask for readers experiences. It's only the people who have problems that bother to write in; the thousand who do not have problems can't be bothered. This then gives a completely distorted view as to which are the reliable/unreliable machines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back