Can I plug a C19 16A cable into a wall socket

Sponsored Links
A UPS will have some losses during normal operation, these will likely be very low with an "off-line" ups but much higher with an "on-line" UPS. I would expect a "line interactive type to be somewhere in between.. On top of that, after a power cut the UPS will be supplying *both* the connected load and it's own battery charging.

The UPS should have a specification for maximum electrical input power, if that is lower than a 13A socket can supply you are good to go. If not then more detailed study may be required.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks all for the replies.

The starting point for this question was an image of the back of the unit:

srt2200rmxli-nc-img4.png

According to the specifications the input is a "IEC-320 C20, Schuko CEE 7 / EU1-16P, British BS1363A".

Output power capacity is: 1.98 KWatts / 2.2 kVA

This would imply a 13A fuse in the appropriate lead would be ok.

I think this lead would be fine.

Thanks.

According to the specifications the input is a "IEC-320 C20, Schuko CEE 7 / EU1-16P, British BS1363A".
Which means it comes with three leads* - one with a Schuko plug, one with a C20 plug... and one lead comes with a standard UK plug.

There is no need to worry, it will plug straight in! :)

*Confirmed from the datasheet..

Screenshot_20230320-100910_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Do you think they give everyone all three whether they live in the UK or Europe.
Yes
. So you think one of the leads is just a 2.44m C20 extension lead.
And yes.

If you've ever unpacked Servers, or computers supplied by the pallet - it's pretty typical.
The last batch of computers I unpacked (120 odd), had leads with both Schuko and BS1363 plugs included.

We end up adding the Schukos to our scrap run, to get rid of them.

Once, we ordered a batch of computers from a UK 'Manufacturer', but specified a different keyboard. We got the keyboard we specified, but we also got the basic keyboard sealed in the box with the PC.

As said in a previous thread, economies of scale aren't always understandable.

Last edited:
The starting point for this question was an image of the back of the unit:

View attachment 298734
I looked at the URL of your image, and it reffered to the SRT2200RMXLI that does seem to be ok

Note however that the larger 3000VA model from the same range has an explicit warning about supply from 13A plugs.

RISK OF FIRE, RISK OF DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT OR PERSONNEL
The SRT3000XLI, SRT3000RMXLI, SRT3000XLW-IEC or SRT3000RMXLW-IEC UPS should not be
continually operated at full power below an input voltage of 220 V when powered using the BS 1363 (UK) to
C20 cable.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in minor or moderate injury.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back