Can i put my running treadmill upstairs???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly unusual question I know but im after some advice on whether I can can put my running treadmill upstairs in my house or will this cause structural damage afer time. It weigths 80kg and I am 85kg and I generally run on it for 30 minutes a day.

Cheers

Marc

Sponsored Links
My house is pre-war and I wouldn't chance it, mine is in the way downstairs and wud love it in a shed at bottom of garden, soundproofed defo cos its noisey as hell

Assuming you've got a "standard" suspended timber floor in good repair - it won't fall through, but 30mins a day with you pounding away on it @ 85kg you'll be lucky to get away without any floor spring / plaster cracking.

Put it on your ground floor if it's a concrete slab.

:arrow: Save the planet - run outside and enjoy the fresh air mmmmmmmmm :D

You won’t fall through the floor but it will crack the ceiling below all to hell & then some ;)

Sponsored Links
OK thanks all,

Yeah I know it will crack the plaster and celing...was worried about stuctural damaged to joists and bricks.

Marc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back