Can I really not keep anything in my boiler cupboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is inside a cupboard in the kitchen. It is a new Worcester Greenstar Ri. There is space in front and at one side where I would like to put a few seed trays for my tomato/cucumber seeds but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the cupboard must be completely empty. Is that correct? When my neighbours were away on holiday when the Beast from the East first struck (2018?) they rang to ask me to switch on their boiler as it was March and they'd not bothered to leave the heating on. Their boiler cupboard was full of stuff, mainly paperwork including the instructions for the boiler. Everything seems fine next door so am I worrying too much about a bit of plastic and some compost?

Sponsored Links
I would like to put a few seed trays for my tomato/cucumber seeds

That's absolutely fine. More of a worry if it is in, for example, a hall cupboard and the boiler gets covered with jackets and such like.

Yup, just remember to clear it out before the boiler needs serviced or repaired and don't overdo it ;)

Sponsored Links
Ah! I hadn't thought of that. I'll pop over to the Electrics UK forum to get some advice on lighting for that cupboard - a few halogens should do it:LOL::LOL:!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back