Can i remove these struts in my loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have two struts in the loft that connects some roof joists and was wondering if they are serving any purpose and if it would be safe to either remove them or move them upwards so i dont have to step over them when walking around. Here are some images:

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
may i respectfuly suggest you know the answer to the first part off your own question

the second part you need a good builder or structural engineer to answer

mind you because you only have a sheet off polythene on your roof you may be ok

ok the answer is no you cant the full facts are needed like roof covering span ect
but just remember extra timbers cost money so they aint going to be used unless they are nessisery ;)

Thanks for your responses....

Not sure what you mean though by only having a sheet of polythene on my roof? It has a breathable membrane and tiles?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your responses....

Not sure what you mean though by only having a sheet of polythene on my roof? It has a breathable membrane and tiles?

Cheers

no sorry my sence off humor there :LOL: :LOL:

what i was pointing out is we dont know the cladding [tiles slates ect]so dont know the total load ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back