Can I replace Fuse Wire units in Wylex 804 Ivy

Here are the images of the current set up. THe ELCB is In 100A/100mA

REading between all your very helpful posts (many thanks to you all) i gather that:
(a) i probably need to replace both the Wylex 804 and the ELCB as they are unsafe
(b) i should replace it with an RCD CU that has individual MCBs in it which offers me the protection of shirt circuit, overload AND earth leakage

If this is correct what should i be looking to pay (ball park figures) for a qualified electrician to rip out old and install new including materials? If giving estimates is not allowed on the site then apologies in advance.

Can anyone recommed an RCD from say screwfix that would do the job?

Thanks

Mike

DSC00279.jpg
DSC00278.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
No rcd will fit in that board

ELcb changed name to rcd
The voltage ones are now obsolete but the one you have, as far as I know is just an old version of what you get now

What I tried to say was rather than have a new board with the 30ma rcds in Which would be Downstream of the 100ma existing one

You could have it all in one neat box With NO circuits through BOTH rcd's

Hopefully some one will explain better

Sponsored Links
There was absoloutly no need for a domestic 45A circuit back in the wylex rewireable era, and therefore the design of their CUs reflected this.

Some of the later ones were redesigned to take ONE 45A circuit.

There was absoloutly no need for a domestic 45A circuit back in the wylex rewireable era, and therefore the design of their CUs reflected this.

Some of the later ones were redesigned to take ONE 45A circuit.
Ta
That Was the only ones i have seen with the way next to the switch that had the bumpy bit so you could fit one in it,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back