Can I safely take power from porch light pendant for Xmas lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Don't be so silly. No of course I don't
Derrr yeah, we all know that.
Well why don't you stop being silly and actually read my post rather than criticise it?
I read it. You said a 1A FCU would negate any lighting circuit blackout. The same would apply if you put each of your lights on a 1A FCU, so why don’t you do so?

I read it. You said a 1A FCU would negate any lighting circuit blackout. The same would apply if you put each of your lights on a 1A FCU, so why don’t you do so?
READ MY POST before you make yourself look any sillier.

Sponsored Links
Winston! I believe that Sunray was saying that a 1 Amp fuse in an FCU between lighting circuit ( 6 Amp ) and a 13 Amp style of socket would negate ( prevent ) a blackout if some one plugged a high power load into that 13 Amp style socket.

As you appear to consider the regulations to be in error then perhaps you should be contacting the people who write the regulations.

here will/should be a current draw limitation scheme built into the wall-wart.

We live in hope that all wall-warts are built with that in place. Many are not, some have a fusible resistor as a "fuse" that gets hot enough to melt or even ignite the plastic case before the fusible resistor goes open circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back