Can I stack a dishwasher on top of a Washing Machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving soon and space in my utility room is tight. So am I able to stack my dishwasher on top of my washing machine? Help!

Sponsored Links
I would think not, it will be far too heavy especially loaded with water & dishes etc. :eek:

i suspect the vibration would shatter half the dishes unless you build a frame to support the dish washer
have you thought about how difficult it will be to load and unload standing to the side at chest to head height

Sponsored Links
Well I tried it any way and all is working well! In fact it helps with the reduction in vibration on the washing machine!

thanks for taking the time to get back to us we really appreciate it
have you anything between the machines[board/kit/non slip mat]
and do you find loading it awkward

thanks for taking the time to get back to us we really appreciate it
have you anything between the machines[board/kit/non slip mat]
and do you find loading it awkward

No nothing at all. Also it is easy to load as it is at heads height so no more bending down too!

I presume the extra load on top of the washing machine, means extra stress on the dampers and springs, so for now it works better, it puts those components under more stress. My washing machine was stuck under the worktop, with no free action to resonate, and failed 3 times, with stress induced failured in steel plate.

Since repair, I've left the machine to free resonate, and one of the bolts still works free, but the rest of the fixing work for now.

If you have some mounting to seperate the two, then no issue.

Hi all, I am aware that this thread is very old, but....
I want to stack the dishwasher on top of the front-load washing machine....sooooo…..nine years on, how are things going with said stacked appliances? Has anything happened to not recommend the above? Hopeing with my fingers crossed that someone replies :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back