Can I stick a mirror to a wall with Gripfill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am getting a mirror about 800mm wide by 600mm high, probably 4mm thick. Also need to put a demister on the back in central section about 300mm wide and 600mm high. but can put glue on it as well.

Will Gripfill do, or do I need to buy special mirror adhesive?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't trust any adhesive, it'll end up on the floor. I'd go for a physical fixing.

Took a mirror off a wall recently, well I did eventually. It was put on with twin stick tape and clear silicon sealant, absolutely no way it was coming off under it's own weight, the twin stick was probably used to hold it while the silicon went off. Silicon makes a pretty decent job of holding fish tanks together so I would use it with no hesitation.

Am getting a mirror about 800mm wide by 600mm high, probably 4mm thick. Also need to put a demister on the back in central section about 300mm wide and 600mm high. but can put glue on it as well.

Thanks.

Use mirror adhesive-others corrode the q/silver-broken glass :D

Sponsored Links

Thanks.

Use mirror adhesive-others corrode the q/silver-broken glass :D

Quite correct, once worked at the Oxford Playhouse where dressing room mirrors were put up with silicon and they ended up dropping off after the silvering had delaminated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back