Can I still use amendment 1 forms ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I still use amendment 1: 2011 forms until I have used them all. Or should I dispose of them and use only amendment 3 now? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does the wording differ from the AMD 3 ones, apart from mentioning Amd 1:2011?

If not then you could use Tippex (other correction fluids are available) and overwrite that part, if you think that promotes the right professional image.

Does the wording differ from the AMD 3 ones, apart from mentioning Amd 1:2011
I haven't undertaken a comparison, but the Introduction of Amd 3 says:
Introduction of Amendment 3 to BS7671:2008 said:
The Schedule of Inspections (for new work only) has been replaced by "Examples of items requiring inspection during initial verification" and a "Schedule of Inspections (for new installation work only) for domestic and similar premises with up to 100A supply", which must be appended to the Electrical Installation Certificate.

Also, some small changes have been made to the Electrical Installation Condition Report and associated notes, including a requirement to carry out an inspection within an accessible roof space where electrical equipment is present.

Kind Regards, John

The forms are down loadable free of charge on the IET website. (I think as being a member maybe I have extra access) So if free and only cost is printer ink why bother using old forms?

Sponsored Links
why bother using old forms?
Maybe the OP has taken the trouble to have forms printed with his company logo etc on them.

Personally I would carry on using the forms you have. Mine have spaces to insert the amendment year. If the information on there contains all of the detail as required by BS7671 then what is the problem? If there is material information that is missing, then a new document must be used. If the new document has only cosmetic changes then carry on.

I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here. The document that you give to the householder will probably never be read or understood, in any case. This is true of much of what we receive. When I take my truck for its MoT test I get an exhaust emissions report. I have no idea if the document is the same this year as the one from last year. I have no idea what an Asorbtion Coefficient of 5.40 l/m is.
All I care about is that the vehicle pased and is signed by somebody who (I assume) is competent to test and analyze the results.

I may need the document if something goes wrong and I get hauled up by City of London police for an exhaust emmissions felony but otherwise it is kept in a very dark corner of the filing cabinet.

whssign.gif

You can make up your own forms if you want.

I have worked when the forms were in a book form and had serial numbers and I can see why one would want to keep the serial numbers in order to ensure you can find them when required.

But we stored the info on computer in most places and the printed form when into a year box with the date it could be disposed of written on the box. Each year as we put the forms into the loft we removed and disposed of a expired set covered in dust and never accessed from the day they were put there. So yes in most cases we never look at the written form.

The reason the Emma Shaw case is talked about so much is it's rare for anyone to have to dig out the forms. My PC may auto compare results and flag up any changes with last test results but wadding through the paperwork is rare. So in real terms the only reason for the paper is to attach your signature to the work and so using old forms do that just as well as the new forms.

Working non domestic I would not change forms, but with domestic we have I am told some policing by the scheme providers? So the real question is if the scheme provider visits the job will they accept the old forms? If so then not problem and if not you need to upgrade. So I would say if worried it's a simple phone call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back