can i sue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have often wondered if false info has been given out is it possible for folks to take diy to court for damages? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Information given out on this forum could not be considered as 'false', only whether or not it is suitable.

It is then up to the recipient of the information to decide whether they should apply the information to their scenario.

ALL members of the public can post info' so it is up to the recipient to decide what is good or bad info' - i.e. ALL info' should be viewed as 'false'. ;)

...You decide....

Information given out on this forum could not be considered as 'false', only whether or not it is suitable.

It is then up to the recipient of the information to decide whether they should apply the information to their scenario.

ALL members of the public can post info' so it is up to the recipient to decide what is good or bad info' - i.e. ALL info' should be viewed as 'false'. ;)

...You decide....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Sponsored Links
i priced a job today 300 bricks on a dwarf wall soldier finish he supplies, told him £200 and his jaw dropped,. i thought time i get mixer there knock up my own muck load out and he thought i was expensive , thats how bad it is :eek:

That's bad.

200 rips is a days work for a man and boy, or as you say a skilled bod for almost a day 'n' half.

Tight git. :rolleyes:

Greed is what has killed a lot of builders.

We have a policy and have always stated it, that we only do one job at a time. Folks hate it when builders mess off doing other jobs. They love it when you tell them you will only leave the job once it is complete as well as any extras.

I may not make as much money as other builders when times are plenty, but, (like the hare and the tortoise) we plod on with our one job at a time and we are still here in the race.

i priced a job today 300 bricks on a dwarf wall soldier finish he supplies, told him £200 and his jaw dropped,. i thought time i get mixer there knock up my own muck load out and he thought i was expensive , thats how bad it is :eek:

That's bad.

200 rips is a days work for a man and boy, or as you say a skilled bod for almost a day 'n' half.

Tight git. :rolleyes:
yeah right noseall ,probaly go look at the wall built by some cowboy laters and see a mess , il take a photo if i do , have a good evening :)

I obviously have not seen the job. But surely if the customer supplies all the materials then its labour only.

In that situation mixing and laying 300 non facing bricks will be about a 6-7 hour on site job ?

In that case £200 sounds quite reasonable to me.

But perhaps psychology comes into the equation?

Suppose you had quoted £198.50 for the job?

That sounds a lot better than £200 and perhaps he would have agreed on the spot.

All is not lost anyway. Just send him a written quote ( handwritten on the back of your business card ) by post. All it will cost you is a postage stamp!

If he accepts then you owe me a bottle of wine! ( Red South African ).

Tony

Going back to the original point, you'd have to determine the ID of whoever gave you the info first. There are numerous ways of surfing in anonymously.

But, in principle, if you knew who the person was, could positively tie the information given to that person and establish negligence, then presumably you could sue them. Stranger things have happened in this God-foresaken shi'ite pit of a country.

Why, FNT, are you running scared???!

Going back to the original point, you'd have to determine the ID of whoever gave you the info first. There are numerous ways of surfing in anonymously.

But, in principle, if you knew who the person was, could positively tie the information given to that person and establish negligence, then presumably you could sue them. Stranger things have happened in this God-foresaken shi'ite pit of a country.

Why, FNT, are you running scared???!
I cant say no More its in the hands of my lawyer :)

Are you joking or has someone seriously come through and tried to sue you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back