Can I use silicone based sealant on a butyl pond liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The return pipe from my pump to filter is 1.25" dia. It runs out of my pond under the slabs and on top of the liner overlap around the edge. This is a neat job but obviously limits my water level to just below the bottom of the pipe if I am to avoid the water running out the pond.

Now to my point! If I can seal around the pipe where it passes between the pipe and liner I can get a couple more inches of water into the pond.

Can I use silicone to achieve this or are there any other mastics available that wont harm the job.

Sponsored Links
you can, but if it will work / lasts is a differnt question. (water pressure may force it out)

oh and it must be genuine silicone, not elcheapo £1.99 stuff, and not sanitary sealant either

I suppose its a bit late now, (but early for pond mk11) why not fit a bottom drain, and take the water out that way?

just for the fun of it, i once fitted a "plug 'ole" to my liner, it worked a dream. (looked very silly though)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back