Can I use terminal blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a single socket which has three wires going into it. Two I presume are the ring main and one is for a spur leading off to another socket. It is all RCD protected at the consumer unit.

For various reasons I want to get rid of the socket itself but keep the wiring in place using the back box and then have a blank plate. Can I do this work myself as I was wondering if just using terminal blocks is acceptable?

If its not, what is the best and safest way to keep the wiring.

Sponsored Links
I currently have a single socket which has three wires going into it. Two I presume are the ring main and one is for a spur leading off to another socket. It is all RCD protected at the consumer unit. For various reasons I want to get rid of the socket itself but keep the wiring in place using the back box and then have a blank plate. Can I do this work myself as I was wondering if just using terminal blocks is acceptable?
Yes, provided that it (beneath its blank plate) remains 'accessible' for inspection and testing, it is acceptable to do as you suggest with a terminal block of adequate rating (30A or more).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back