Can Iain Duncan Smith Really Reform The Benefits System?

Its no use ranting about the immigrants. They are here and here to stay.
The government has no power to send them back anyway even if they wanted too.

There's a big Lithunaian community moved in where I live over the last 6-8 years. My employer has employed several of them.
Their paid cash in hand so it wouldn't surprise me if they are claiming benefits also.
I've worked along with a couple of them for about 4 years now.
I've learned a little about their life back home and it doesn't surprise me that they want to live here.
You might think it bad here but this is the land of milk and honey in comparison.
Bad government over the years though has probably made it look more attractive when in reality things are much worse than they seem.

The site I'm on at the moment has a few local guys coming in every week looking for work and the lithu's are already on site.
It must create resentment.

Sponsored Links
DAVID CAMERON has warned that the economy is in a far worse state than previously thought and signalled that Britain faces years of “pain” as the spending axe falls.

The prime minister indicated a sharp downgrade in official growth forecasts and revealed that welfare and public sector pay would bear the brunt of budget cuts.

It is understood that tough measures being considered to help control the £156 billion budget deficit include benefit freezes and cuts in child tax credits. There are also likely to be below-inflation pay rises for state employees on top of next year’s planned freeze.
The deficit under Labour for this year was estimated to be going on £175 billion now its down to £156 billion,thats over 11% cut already so is Cameron wildly optimistic or was Darling a pessimist.
The prime minister said there would be no “trampoline recovery” of the economy. He warned there was a “serious problem” with forecasts inherited from Labour of robust 3% growth next year.
But here he is saying that Darlings growth figures were over optimistic and now Camerons the pessimist?different governments but the same massaging of figures.
Quotes taken from here.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7144906.ece

all i have done is presented an unbiased as ballanced as i can be as factual as i can be
where does it actual say within my posts that i am for or against imigration !!
all i do it supply information to give ballance to rather one sided rantings so others can form there own opinions :D ;)

and incase you are intersted my family tree goes back at present around 180 years and all the people are from within the shores off the uk born and bred
[edit]sorry there are irish on my sons mothers side and i dont know if they are from north or south off the border :oops: ;)

of course like everyone else we will have some nordic some roman some african some indian and all sorts off ethnic blood somwhere in our bloodlines ;)

Well let me ask you then:

Do you or do you not believe it is right that people travel all across the safe haven of Europe to get to the UK and claim asylum? Yes or no.

Do you think we should send them back to the first safe country they entered? Yes or no.

Then tell us what you would do with economic migrants. (gate crashers).

Over to you.

Sponsored Links
there is no point throwing questions at me
when people are desperate they do what they think is best for themselves and there families often at great cost and great danger to themselves

don't forget the traffickers who promise the world at a fee and when they get here they are unceremoniously dumped or enslaved into working long hours to pay off there debt by working illegally in low paid jobs there traffickers arrange for them this can often be prostitution or other part off the sex industry

we also need to keep in mind that several countries turn a blind eye to people passing through as the problem passes through on its way to another country often britain but but not only britain
also remember the french actively help the the plight off the person trying to enter illegally
we have immigration officials in france will all the gadgets and tools going scanners xray machines co2 monitors dogs ect
they catch the people hand them over to the french authoritys who process them then release them to try again several time :rolleyes:

i watch several police /customs type programs and am quite pleased when someone has played the system and caught as say an overstayer[staying longer than there visa permits]are deported
or students that didn't know how to get to there collage are caught out and refused entry when returning for the second term

the system is the system don't blame the people who do what they are entitled to ;)

All elected governments are weak. It's a popularity contest - and being nasty doesn't get you votes. That was the whole ethos behind Nu labour. Pick all the popular ideas that make people vote and have a big party until the credit card bill drops on the mat. Then go into opposition for a few years while the Tories try to sort the mess out (becoming unpopular in the process) then get voted back in at the next election and chuck another big party until they booted out again. Then retire on a fat pension and talk about all the things you did that were good for the country (but never paid for.)

Can someone answer me this.

If a woman comes from another EU country and has a baby or two here. Do they get child allowance? Then if they go back to say, Poland, is that allowance sent to them via their bank account. I am guessing that as the child(s) is a British citizen that she would be entiled to collect it.

OMG. If it is the case, then this immigrant problem will never ever go away.

Can someone answer me this.

If a woman comes from another EU country and has a baby or two here. Do they get child allowance? Then if they go back to say, Poland, is that allowance sent to them via their bank account. I am guessing that as the child(s) is a British citizen that she would be entiled to collect it.

OMG. If it is the case, then this immigrant problem will never ever go away.

It's much worse than that. If one parent comes from another EU country to work in The UK, after a year they can claim child benefit for their kids. These kids don't even have to set foot in this country, they can be born and live with one parent in Poland for example, whilst the other parent works here.

I also think it's unbelieveable that after one years work in The UK, they are able to claim a whole range of benefits. So a Lituanian lettuce picker on min. wage, contributes a few hundred in NI contributions in a year, then the whole of The UK welfare state is open to him.

The whole system is completely nuts, unfair to the UK poulation who have contributed over many years, and completely unaffordable.

New government - but nothing has changed - nor will it until the IMF come in when we are bust.

don't blame the people who do what they are entitled to

So you think scrounging immigrants are "entitled" to come to this country????? :rolleyes:
The immigrants should be loaded unto a ship along with muppets like yourself and sailed to the deepest part of the pacific and sunk.
The system is f****d up big time caused by inept and weak governments down through the years and most of all by nu labour.

great your resorting to personal insults you are slowly loosing the argument :D ;)

i dident actualy say they are entitled to come to this country that was the goverment

what is a scrounging immigrant as far as you are concerned!!

will that include the australians the americans canadians and french""

New government - but nothing has changed - nor will it until the IMF come in when we are bust.
Hmmm, Three and a half weeks ago we voted in the general election.
What sort of legislative changes did you expect in that timeframe?

the labour **** still tries... sorry... the old labour... as new labour has died.... SHAME..

I don't see how any cut could be done as the government works out what a person needs to live on. To give them less than what they can live on is probably illegal.

what the **** do you know 90..... keep licking prescotts ass.... or soon to be lord... so beg before....

It breaches human rights legislation.

Sponsored Links
Back