Can LVT Glue melt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently had a garage conversion done, the subfloor is concrete; on top of that, the builder laid plywood and stuck Karndean glue on LVT using Karndean-supplied universal adhesive. I also got gas underfloor heating installed under it.

The issue is that when I turned the underfloor heating on, the glue melted and became milk-like and the tiles got unstuck (it had been more than 3 weeks since the LVT installation).

We suspected the underfloor heating pipes to have a leak but boiler pressure is stable so that rules that out. The amount of bubbles I have seen between the tiles, if it were a water leak, it would definitely drop water pressure.

I am really unsure where is this water coming from, is it possible that the glue may have emulsified due to the underfloor heating? is that something someone has encountered before?

We are at the point of deciding to change the whole flooring to tiles so any insight would be really helpful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMG20231016115557.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back