Can main stop cock go anywhere?

if you want to position the main stopcock 6m into the house you could consider fitting a sure stop on the incoming main where it enters the house, then run the tube to the suitable located switch, i know some people dont like them but i have never had a problem with them

Sponsored Links
That'll be the new one the water board put on the street isn't it?

Sponsored Links
if you want to position the main stopcock 6m into the house you could consider fitting a sure stop on the incoming main where it enters the house, then run the tube to the suitable located switch, i know some people dont like them but i have never had a problem with them

pretty sure your not supposed to use them before the main stoptap i fink :confused:

That'll be the new one the water board put on the street isn't it?

it's actually inside my boundary, half way to my garage (not the same house I changed the supply pipe at).

just outside the boundary is a fire hydrant pit which I keep clear just in case

View media item 1509
I have a giant key and a standpipe to fit, not sure if I'll ever have a use for it. The pavement and my hard-standing are the same brick paviers, this was a self-build close (not by me)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back