can self levelling be put on top of self levelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my quary tiles lifted to find crumbling top layer of concrete underneath concrete was ok. Its the been screeded with sand and cement left overnight to dry and next day its had laybond screedmaster ultimate put over it. I have a few concerns
1.the council did not use a dpm under the screed he did put a bag infront of the living and dining room doors and screeded over them will this cause any problems no dpm and his bag method?
2.is it ok to use levelling compound before screed dry?
3 they did not prime the screed will that have problems?
4 they have missed some small patches I went out and bought some of the same stuff I got the milk and powder can I mix it up and relay over mossed areas and areas I think require it? Bearing in mind it is dry now
5. Should I primer it or do a bonding coat ? With what if so?

Sponsored Links
Why didn't he put a DPM in. He should of.

Yes you can use a levelling compound when screed isn't dry.

They should have primed yes. But you could put a liquid DPM ontop of the screed now. then another coat of Laybond ultimate

What floor covering is going down?

Probably nothing fixed so no tiles. Im quite keen on the vinyl laminate. I like laminate nice and easy to install however ive only worked with laminate mdf type not the vinyl so I hope its not any harded than the normal laminate. I bet now I've said that I will struggle. Can evo stik waterproof pva be used for priming its states on tub 1 part evo to 2 part water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back